Friday, November 27, 2015

I Got Those Beginning Of The Holiday Season Blues

I always find it interesting when I post pictures of myself like the ones I did yesterday. Got many fine comments and likes from people who I expected to see attention from. They are the usual gang who like my stuff on the Facebooks. But the weirdest thing was that I got NO attention from many people who I thought I SHOULD have at LEAST got a like from. I didn't need a comment but with all the attention I give these people with my supportive kind of Internet friendship and my likes and comments, I thought I would see them at the most EASY place to be nice to someone. I get that you might hate the captions with the fiery passion of an exploding sun but to not give my personal past even a sniff shows me the truth.


That while I follow you, you do not follow me. Or worse yet, you do follow me but you don't care. Either bothers me. I should go look at all the people who follow me to see if some names stand out. I would never name names of course. But the maybe I don't want to know the truth. Maybe best leave this one alone.
 

Now while all the above disturbs me there is always a pesky rainbow to celebrate something good. I was noticed by another blogger today (Chaka of Chaka's World) who lamented the fact that all the greats of the past no longer seem to enjoy the hobby of blogging. I was one he said was still doing a great job. That always feels great to hear.

Kal at Calvin's Canadian Cave of Coolness. He still rules Blogger. He has not been deterred by the decline in blogging and has to be the most consistent and prolific blogger I have ever seen.

I will take validation like that and soak it up like a biscuit soaks up gravy.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful compliment. Your hard work is appreciated here even if I don't say it enough. Not a big talker.
As you were.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's right, Cal -- focus on the positive, not the negative. I like that biscuit-and-gravy analogy. Or maybe it's just time for breakfast.