Wednesday, August 27, 2014

How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?



They played this in last night's episode of Matador and it's been bouncing through my head all day. When I was a pre-teen I would spend hours listening to my record albums and singing my face off. There was nothing I enjoyed more than pretending I was rockin' it to the popular hits of the day. It was my way to release all those emotions I kept bottled up inside. I even put tape down across top of my dresser so that I could pretend it was a keyboard (because I need to play the keyboard when I am singing Supertramp, of course). My Dad was also into music and he would listen to HIS oldies, saying that they don't makes song like THAT anymore. I found myself thinking the same thing today with this Bee Gees love song. I loved that group. I listened to their greatest hits over and over again and perfected hitting the high notes that only they could reach. I would destroy anyone at Karaoke night who even thought to challenge me. Al Green does a great version of this tune and because I love, I share both songs with you.



1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I loved the Bee Gees too. Gawd, they look so young there.