Saturday, March 29, 2014

What Is The Point Of This Game?


 
Because the way I read it, getting captured and put in the Ape dungeon is a win for the player. You basically go round the board until you land on the captured space and get experimented on by some Ape 'scientist'. Fun for the whole family. I guess from the photo below that the game displayed above it missing a key ingredient, the mechanism that moves the cage so that the player can capture the filthy human.
 
I hate how the cage is made out of paper. A plastic bamboo prison would have some many other uses during playtime. The paper is just cheap and easily destroyed. As are the game tokens.
 


Of course the action figure line had already thought of a prison for the pesky humans who invest a nice Ape village. I get the little jail because it fits on the back of a wagon but what the hell is with the interrogation throne? What kind of sick play is that meant to inspire?

 
 

2 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Wow, that takes me back. One of my childhood friends had that game although I don't remember ever actually playing it.

Dr. Theda said...

I had these as a kid...
The Game of "escape"... if you landed on the wrong spot the button on the "cage" was to be pushed... and your "captured" pieces were "lost" ... were dropped into the "cage" before you could "rescue" them....
and the toys (Mego) came out after the TV series ....