Monday, August 20, 2012

There Are Women - And There Are BROADS

Phyllis Diller was the real deal. She was scary and ballsy and funny as hell. She was never subtle in her comedy. I loved it when she guest stared on any game show, roast, variety show or sitcoms back in the 70s. She always over delivered on expectations. Everyone knew her act so well but her material never got stale.

And that laugh! When someone made my mother giggle I took notice. My mother is very selective about what she laughs at even if she thinks the highlight of human comedy is 'Married With Children'.



I wonder if everyone thinks about death as much as I do as more of these childhood icons like Diller fall to eternity. These things no longer come in threes. They come in eights and tens.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Broads was a term my grandfather would always use and i just thought it was great even as a kid.

Kal said...

There is difference. Johnny Depp once called Elizabeth Taylor a BROAD and I thought that was a great description for a certain kind of woman.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I loved Phyllis Diller when I was a kid. I always found her funny and I loved her crazy cackling laugh! RIP, funny lady.

Silver Cutlery said...

it's good to see this information in your post,

Dr. Theda said...

Her and her (nervous) Laugh will be greatly missed