Monday, August 6, 2012

The Universe Continues To Unfold As It Should

This incredible photo marks the end of Matador Torero Alvaro Munera’s career. He collapsed in remorse mid-fight when he realized he was having to prompt this otherwise gentle beast to fight. He went on to become an avid opponent of bullfights. Even grievously wounded by picadors, he did not attack this man.

Torrero Munera is quoted as saying of this moment: “And suddenly, I looked at the bull. He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes, and he looked at me with this pleading. It was like a cry for justice, deep down inside of me. I describe it as being like a prayer - because if one confesses, it is hoped, that one is forgiven. I felt like the worst shit on earth.”



6 comments:

Jordan said...

Don't think the Spock quote got by me!

Daisy said...

So goad he was able to open his eyes and truly see what he was doing.

Anonymous said...

Actually, this is only HALF-true; yes,Munera IS now a passionate campaigner for the end of bullfighting... but that's NOT him in that photo. No one seems to know who it REALLY is, though...

Kal said...

Don't spoil the moment.

Donn Christianson said...

Sorry to spoil the moment but people should know what they are seeing. This bullfighter is *performing* for the crowd by showing how brave he is before he (likely) kills the bull.

Mike D. said...

He went on to oppose the spectacle. Thats what I got from it.
I could not do it myself and would like to ban it. I can't stand it. The running of the bulls and all that nasty stuff.
It's Barbarism...this is 2012. We're supposed to be a sophisticated society. But...then there's this and things like it.