Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tales From The Toybox - What I Got And What I Want

I just had a five minute conversation with my package delivery mailman about what the 'Cave of Cool' was all about. Who knew he was a crazy fan for toys and superheroes and all the various forms of voodoo that I do around here. He is jazzed to know that all the packages he's been delivering to me all these years have been full of toys. I have a feeling he is going to ask for a tour any day now.

He saw the name on a great package I got from Mike D of CCD. Mike knows of my love for fliers and other paper pamphlets that you can pick up from the various conventions that he attends. I am the kind of guy who likes to read in the bathroom so that kind of stuff is GOLD to me. I so appreciate that Mike just started a box for me and sent it off when he it was filled with good stuff.

I also love when people send me little things to add to my top of the hard drive collection - especially if the piece also glows in the dark when you turn it on. The one Mike added resembles the piece of krypton that fell during the meteor storm that started the season.


Here I thought I would give you an early look at the beginning of more reorganization of the Collection of Cool. I have this shelving unit that is perfect to store some of the larger toys. I have to find the balance between showing off the package and conserving as much valuation space as I can.



I have a whole new wall to add my various Batman action figures. They have just been in a pile on a box for far too long. I will try to keep the same lines together. I have to move all that X-Mas stuff to another room so that it's only toys in that corner of the basement. It's not the Metropolitan Museum of Art but it's the best I can do with my limited attention span and basement space. It's fun to move things around and pull so many of the loose figures out of plastic tubs so that they can now also be displayed on an old bookcase I found. I just want to take pictures of everything I have - then find a way to display it in the space I have. I can do alot better organizing things than I have been doing up until this time.







These were just bought off Ebay to add to my collection. Such a low cost that I am too embarrassed to even tell you. I wish I had a lot more Playmobile in my collection. Last Christmas they had a HUGE Playmobil Pyramid with all kinds of ancient Egyptian accessories to go with it. From ground to tip the Pyramid must have reach to my belt. It was a gorgeously designed piece but at 100 dollars I balked at the moment. I so regret that decision now. Everytime I see any Playmobil figures I think of that beautiful Pyramid.





This custom Bullet Girl was out of my price range and that hurt my heart deeply.



On the heals of the two Fighting Furies figures that I stole off EBay comes this newest won auction. Many of the little pieces I have to go with my growing collection of Fighting Furies gear. I still need to chase down the treasure map that you could role up and store in the peg leg of the other pirate character.





I can't believe that these accessory sets can still be found mint in their original packaging. They run about 40 bulks each and I might get one some month but not today. I dream of finding a lot of these for 10 bucks being sold by someone who doesn't know the value these costume sets have to me. Does that kind of thing ever happen anymore?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet collection Cal and that custom Bullet Girl was pretty neat.

ShezCrafti said...

I spy with my little eye the Clue VCR Mystery Game!

DrGoat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DrGoat said...

Bullet girl brought along her own bullets I see.

Kal said...

Told you I had it Shez.

You should have left that second comment undeleted...a joke so nice it deserved to be told twice.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

If I'd only know sooner. I'm selling a Playmobil Knights and Castle at my garage sale right now.

Mike D. said...

Very Cool Cal... Never suprised by the dopeness that is your collection and happy to send the package brother!!!!

Kal said...

ERIK...get that out and sell it to me...send me some pics. What is the condition. QUICK.

csmith2884 said...

We sell lots of toys. Older the better, still in box, the best. Odd some sells right away others not at all. Sometime I figure we might see you interested, you know the e-mail.

Kal said...

No no no..send me the link to your store. I will check you out first for sure. I feel ashamed to not know this about you my friend. If you're speaking my langauge I want to give you my business.

csmith2884 said...

We don't always have stuff in your wheelhouse. We are out of exploding briefcases just now, but we do look.

http://stores.ebay.com/C-and-C-Treasure-Cove

Kal said...

well as long as you know that one you see one you have a customer...Imagine...an Oscar Goldman with exploding briefcase, it the box. The Universe shutters at the posibilities.