Monday, August 20, 2012

Shilling For Another Cool Artist - M.D. Jackson



These are the two spectacular pieces that were done for me by M.D. Jackson of Skylarking. If you want something fantastic does with love and imagination then you need to have Brother M.D. working for you. Here is what he posted on Tumblr about what he has to offer to all the art fans out there. For me he was instrumental is forming much of the Mythology of the Cave of Cool and I consider him a close friend.

Send me photos of yourself and I will turn them into a digital painting.
I often use reference photos when I make a painting.

I take this:


And turn it into this:


Or is:


Into this:



So here’s the deal: Send me a picture of yourself, man or woman, it doesn’t matter as long as it is a picture of you and not someone else (unless you have express permission from them) and I will turn it into a fantasy, science fiction or horror painting. You can give me a preference and I will try to oblige.

Obviously some things will make it easier for me to work with your photo. Obviously I prefer painting women and obviously a nude photo will get you noticed unless you’re wearing something really interesting. With a nude photo I can add props and costume bits more easily.

I will not post any photo that you send me unless you tell me it’s okay to do so but I WILL post the final painting on my blog.

Email your photo or a link where I can find it online to mikenfran3@hotmail.com and tell me a bit about yourself and what you would prefer to see in a painting. I will post the final painting here and I will email a high resolution jpg image back to your email.

I can’t promise any timetables because I will be doing these between commissions, but I will try to get to every request that gets sent my way (if any)

If that sound like fun then start taking pictures and send ‘em in!

M. D. Jackson

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So Cal, did you send M.D. nude photos of you and the Admiral? Just curious!

Kal said...

Yes, but he wisely chose to keep those for his private collection and not share my shame with the world.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

This is why I love the internet.

I spent the first few years of the net trying to find pictures of women without their clothes.

No I can send in pics of women without their clothes on so some guy digitally paint clothes on her. And (this the part that is the kicker) I think this is cool!

Kal said...

It's VERY cool. I love my MD commissions. He get's me.