Friday, August 24, 2012

My Thanks To Doctor Goat

Peter has been a long time follower of the stuff we do around the Cave of Cool and today he sent me a cool little package - the perfect tonic to what has been ailing me all week.

Aside from some cool comics (to add to my awesome bathroom reading pile) I was given this sweet sheet of the Classic Universal Monster stamps. If it's okay with Peter I might gift these forward to a certain person in Mexico with a monster themed restaurant.


The piece de resistance, however, is this classic Russian uniform pin. You just can't beat the Communists when it comes to solid propaganda design. I love this pin so much. I will look perfect on the lapel of my Parka or the faux fur hat I plan to get for this winter. Makes me feel good when people understand me like Dr. Goat does.

 
 

4 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

Giddy up!

DrGoat said...

Forward away Cal. Sounds like a groovy place for those stamps to end up. Used to go across the border a lot when I was young. Usually resulted in trouble in one form or another.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Is that a genuine KGB pin or a replica? Either way, who cares -- COOL!

Kal said...

When I was in Berlin after the unification of East/West Germany I could have loaded up on these great Soviet gear but I passed on it thinking I could do better in the future. Stupid me.