Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Cigars Came Today!!

A few months ago I found a Calgary based company called The Canadian Cigar Company. By some strange quirk in the law, the company can sell freely to Alberta customers but have to charge higher taxes to anyone they deal with from out of province. Those cost savings convinced me to join one of their 'cigar of the month' clubs. I get a selection of four of these bad boys a month - which is probably three more than I would smoke in a month but I like the idea of knowing that I can start building a nice collection of smokes while learning more about cigars - something that I, as a gentleman of leisure, should know all about.

In the winter I love sitting out in a snowfall enjoying a cigar. This winter I plan to take that pleasure more seriously. If I wasn't so afraid of encountering more frustration I would be out today to the smoke shop at the Mall, checking out humidors. Nothing fancy, just something that will keep the smokes fresh. I have to research a low tech low cost way to get the same effect.



8 comments:

DrGoat said...

Well I'm envious. I bet they smell great.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke." I don't remember which male chauvinist said that, but I present it for your consideration, Fidel.

GC said...

Awesome, man. I might have to join a club too. It's been a while since I've smoked a cigar. I do agree with you that winter is the best time to smoke.

M. D. Jackson said...

"...And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke."
Rudyard Kipling, a line from his poem The Betrothed.

"Sometimes a Cigar is just a cigar" Attributed to Sigmund Freud (although probably apocryphal)

Kal said...

I was happy with the first cigar that I smoke out on the bench swing,GC. I checked on their site and it retailed for 23 dollars each and I got four cigars for twice that with shipping.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks, M.D. for identifying the source of my quotation. "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din." I think that's Kipling too, that grand old imperialist apologist.

david_b said...

LOVE great cigars.... Excellent tastes, sir.

Kal said...

Kipling is great. Man Who Would Be King is a great movie. He made Bears sing for the first time in movies. Okay his book was adapted into a Disney cartoon but that the same thing...almost.