Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mutants of Canada - UNITE!



Marvel Super Hero Portfolios (1980) The Uncanny X-Men by John Byrne, Steve Fastner, and Rich Larson. Four fantastic full color 11x 14 prints. Cover price $6.95.



Mike D over at Cultural Compulsive Disorder also included this great piece in the package he recently sent me. It seemed out of place so I did some research on it. It's called Mutants of Canada - Unite! and was part of a four part series of X-men posters that Marvel sold in the early 80s. The artists behind the work were Byrne, Fastner and Larson.

My copy still has the gorgeous colors and the creaseless smoothness of the paper. I have to get this one behind a frame. It's a great X-men/Alpha Flight picture and perfect for the Cave of Cool. Again, I can't thank Brother Mike enough for thinking about me.

No comments: