Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Just Can't Get Myself Motivated

I could never be like Hemingway and write in the humidity of the Florida Keys. I am just not a warm weather person. Once the temperature gets over 20 degrees Celsius or 70 degrees Fahrenheit, I start to slow down - slow down physically and especially mentally. I need another good prairie thunderstorm to reset my hard drive (see, I can't even make a 'hard drive' joke with any amount of enthusiasm)

I also haven't been losing as much weight as I would like. I am not gaining so I suppose that is a good thing. Everything moves so slow. Change is glacial. Why can't I ride the rock slide instead of wasting all the hours in between. I also am comparing myself to fellow bloggers who have had success with their weight loss goals. I wish I had as much to crow about and crow I would.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a mechanic and yeah once it hits 20c can't work. Kinda like today.

Dan

DrGoat said...

107 here in Tucson today. Really uncomfortable even for us desert rats.

Kal said...

I would be committing what they would call 'The Polar Bear Murders' in that kind of heat. That's inhuman.

Jordan said...

You're not going to like hearing this, but I especially like going for a run when it's really hot. Sometimes I even wear a sweatshirt running to increase the bake factor.