Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Am Having A Grumpy Day



First of all my stupid Doctor makes an appointment with me for 8 am. I am there at 8 am. I watch his Aryan Uber-Nurse leave the place to get a coffee, come back and lock the door behind her. This is at 8:20. I knock on the door and even though she knows me she doesn't let me into the clinic but stands there like I am some hobo wanted to poop in their bathroom sink.

Frauline Brunhilde then coldly informs me they don't open until nine but then I remind her about my eight am appointment. She says they don't do those early appointments (even though I ALWAYS see my Doc at eight - first thing in the morning before someone else pisses him off) and quickly shuts and locks the door on me.

At this point I have two options. One is calmly walking away and coming back at nine. The second involves me tossing a stone garbage can through the window and going for a sit in the examination room.

I did a variation on the two choices and left but now I refuse to go back after the way I was treated.

I really get more upset about those kinds of moments then I should. I feel calm and fine right now. The funny thing is that I was seeing my South African tomato hating Doctor because I wanted him to find a med that worked for me and helped me from flying into these fits when confronted with stupid people and the other little frustrations of life.

I have gotten good at controlling my own mania but sometimes, in the face of the rudeness and inconsiderate behaviors of others, I can become what I hate the most. No shame is seeking some medical way to control those outbursts - which I repeat are RARE but still disconcerting to me.

I am calm now and haven't reached for anything stronger than a Pepsi Max (MAX TASTE FOR MY MAX LIFE) to soothe my frustrated brow. I know that spending too much time alone where I don't really have to compromise with the world has dulled my people skills but I still know the difference between being treated like a human being and being treated like a piece of garbage.

Do you see what happens when you leave the house? Never leave the house. You never leave the boat in the jungle (lest you get chased by a tiger) and you never leave the house. Bad things happen when you leave the house.


7 comments:

Brothermidnight said...

Im with you ,I only leave my house about once a week and that's only because Im forced to.If it wasn't necessary that one time a week I would never go out around other people.

DrGoat said...

Totally agree Cal. I don't even understand rudeness. I think it comes with being in a position of power over other people. It seems that most people are crass and have no class, so they lord it over other people to enrich their otherwise asshole existence. I read an interesting quote: Power does not corrupt, but it is a magnet for the corruptable. Also when we are treated rudely or looked down on in a store or someplace similar, I try to remember, WTF are they being rude for. They make minimum wage or a little better. No need to be like that.

Kal said...

This is not the first time I have seen this 'nurse' in action but it's the second time I've had a confrontation with her. They must just hate me there.

DrGoat said...

Then they are just pathetic jerks.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Bummer of a way to start the day, man. I hope it got better from there.

M. D. Jackson said...

It would be very tempting to throw something through the window but that course of action would lead to the nurse calling the police and assuming the role of the victim. It seems to me from this brief description, that the nurse is acting from fear. The more threatening you are in that situation (the angrier you get) provides her with more justification for her behavior. It's possible she might even have deliberately goaded you so that you would justify her rudeness.

The thing to do is to smile pleasantly, as if her rudeness is the most insignificant thing, deal with what she throws your way calmly and without malice. When you do see your tomato hating doctor, bring up the incident without rancour or blame, just ask if the hours at the clinic have changed. As calmly and matter-of-factly as you can, explain the incident and hope that the doctor takes appropriate steps with the nurse.

Kal said...

That would be a great approach if I was a sane person...a normal person. I think it's best that I cancel my appointment and let sleeping dogs lie. I don't need to be 'goaded' into a response again like some trained monkey. They shouldn't be poking the disabled bear with emotional issues. That's just not the proper care and feeding of the damaged zoo animal that I am.