Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gardening And Life Lessons



I am growing a little potted plant worth of Cajun peppers. They are supposed to be MILDLY spicy. I assumed that at all stages of their development that these peppers would be equally spicy. This is where more research before experimentation would have been appropriate. These are the peppers from hell.

Yesterday I picked one of these little ones and eagerly crunched down on it. For the next hour or so I was holding an ice cube to numb my lips and tongue from the deep burning - such a burning that only my enemies should know.

Now I worry about what is going to come out the other end. I am eating a few bowls of raisin bran to help soften the fire poop that is coming.

At least I didn't touch my eye like I once did while eating hot hot wings. I was blinded for 20 minutes on that occasion. Lucking I didn't touch myself while taking a pee. That would have meant taking a fresh frozen diaper out of the deep freeze.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

If I hear screaming from central Alberta, I'll know the fire poop has arrived. Be brave, my friend.

Kal said...

I will try not to walk over dry tinder lest I start a wildfire.

DrGoat said...

We grow chili peppers in the back yard here in Tucson called chiltepins that I literally cannot eat they are so hot. My wife loves them. Those look like pretty spicy peppers. Some of those cajun peppers are dynamite. I think you got some of those.

Daisy said...

I think milk or sour cream is supposed to remove the burn pretty well. If I even SMELL something hot, I wrinkle my lips in disgust.