Thursday, August 2, 2012

For Long Time Fans Of The Cave Of Cool

CALGARY — The Royal Canadian Mint has issued its latest commemorative circulation coin, the 2012 Lucky Loonie.

The coin was unveiled Thursday at Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame in Calgary.

It will serve as a good luck charm for Canadian athletes competing in London at the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

In what is now a legendary tale, a Loonie was buried at centre ice prior to the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City to bring good luck to Canada’s gold medal-winning men’s and women’s hockey teams.

The mint has since produced a Lucky Loonie circulation coin for each subsequent games.
The 2012 Lucky Loonie circulation coin features the iconic loon as it spreads its majestic wings while sitting on rippling Canadian lake waters.


I have a number of these to send out to long time fans of the Cave of Cool. I know it's just a dollar but these golden coins looks terrific and are guaranteed to bring you the luck of the Tundra.

If you are a long time fan/follower/commenter to the cave I hope you will let me gift you in this cool but inexpensive way. You will always know that this coin came from me and with it came my unlimited love to you. I will pay for all postage.

There are some people that I will personally ask for their mailing addresses because I want to make sure they get their loonie. These are the people who have always supported the balloon juice I do around here.

If you would like to insure you get a shot at the draw for the remaining Lucky Loonies, please send me your email addy.

I won't embarass you by listing all the names. All I need you to do is email me at  (kheighton@hotmail.com)  with your mailing addy and one of these beautiful coins could be winging your way.

3 comments:

Budd said...

That is really cool. They debuted them a week too late for me to get my own, as I was in Toronto and Montreal last week.

Kal said...

Well I am glad to send one too you. I got a pile of thems o thought I would share with some long time followers. I need to get a pack of coin holders.

Anonymous said...

x