Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Again With These Numnuts.



I must be the only person in this world that loves Doctor Who but can't stand the Daleks. I remember hearing the Doctors always talking about how scary and deadly they were but never seeing them as a threat myself. They just seemed liked goofy garbage cans with plungers for arms who often are all talk and threats. I realize they had to make villains on the cheap back in the day but I hoped they could have updated the Daleks a little bit when they returned several seasons ago.

"Kidnapped by his oldest foe, the Doctor is forced on an impossible mission - to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter... the Asylum. A planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind, the Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. But with Amy and Rory's relationship in meltdown, and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it is up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond's marriage."

I also don't want to see any problems in the marriage of Amy and Rory. They are the ones supposed to live happily ever after - until Steven Moffat kills the off. Just get me to my new button cute companion and let's start fresh.


5 comments:

47th Problem of Euclid said...

Take a look at the original Dalek story from 1963. It's brilliant, very scary. The Daleks are sadistic and brutal. The Dalek Invasion of Earth from 1964 is good, too, as is The Power of the Daleks in 1966. There's no full-color Dalek stories as good as the black-and-whites, but Remembrance of the Daleks in 1987 comes pretty close.

M. D. Jackson said...

You have to have grown up hiding behind the couch whenever the Daleks came on. When you're a kid they're scary as hell. Especially when you get just a little half glimpse of... something... white and rubbery.. that LIVE INSIDE THE METAL SHELL! That's a moment that freezes your blood when you're an impressionable kid.

Kal said...

See Doctor Who always came on PBS late Sunday night after Star Trek. I usually fell asleep during DW and often woke to a show that I didn't understand at the time.

I was never afraid of movie made monsters until 'ALIEN' came out. I could always convince myself that they were just made up creatures.

Betty said...

I totally agree. The old daleks can't even go up stairs. I really hope the Pond's don't get killed off. Sometimes the companion gets to live.

Mow said...

Had the pleasure of working along side Karen Gillan yesterday on the British TV show A TOUCH OF CLOTH. She is as beautiful as she looks onscreen. And she is TALL.