Saturday, May 26, 2012

What A Day For Miracles


- I have had a craving for pizza subs all week. They are definitely not good for my daily calorie count. If I ever want to be loved I have to find a way to resist the siren call of the spicy meats and cheeses. I have also been researching how sleep affects weight gain and you would be shocked how much a good night sleep helps you hold onto less body fat.

- I bought a new cat brush today and brushed away enough hair to make TWO cats. The Admiral usually is above such signs of affection but he has been IN LOVE with me today.

- I received a call about 3 days ago from my beard stylist (YES, I have a stylist) who had to cancel our appointment because he broke his elbow when he fell of the deck while fighting a bear or his third vodka gimlet. His elbow was x-rayed and would require screws and a metal plate. He was put on heavy pain killers and was looking at six weeks off.

Yesterday I got a call from him to come in for my beard trim. His elbow seemed fine. Then he told me the story of how a member of his church who he had never formally met came up to him and referred to him by name. He asked my guy to sit down and pray with him. At the man's touch - my injured friend felt electricity running through his arm and body and suddenly he was without pain.

The next morning he went to see his doctor who ordered a fresh x-ray that now shows the break to be totally healed. Both x-rays taken of the incident look like they are from two totally different people. I have not seen them but I trust a room full of hairdressers who apparently have.

I love things like this that happen to people I know. I can't immediately give them an easy explanation so I find myself going along with their belief that they have had a connection to the divine.

Why don't things like this ever happen to me? It's my cynicism isn't it? Just because I won't drink the Kool-Aid, I have to be kept totally out of a community of faith? Those damn gods know I just won't believe their balloon juice without a little bit of proof.

- Every picture I have seen today seem to have been taken from this angle and I am not complaining one damn bit. If she HAS to walk away from my, I prefer that she does it slowly.



7 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Thats right Kal, Sleep and Food are connected. Didn't you see my cartoon about that?

http://erikjohnsonillustrator.blogspot.com/2011/04/sleep-scales.html

Then again I guess this is more about how you need more food when you've had little sleep. When my editor gets back from his vacation, I'll see about pitching an idea related to weigh, that seems like it could have some potential.

I do sympathize with you about the pizza situation. Friday, the local pizzeria had their Customer Appreciation day and my fridge is still stockpiled with leftover slices. It hasn't helped that lettuce and tomatoes and other veggies have been in short supply lately, hindering my ability to go for healthier sandwich or salad meals. Tomorrow Dairy Queen is having half off prices select sundaes. I am so doomed.

These ComicCon photos are causing some rumblings, but they're coming from below my tummy.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know there is a connection between belly fat, cortisol and poor sleep. I got tested for sleep apnea but haven't got the results yet.

M. D. Jackson said...

Yeah, I'm with you on the pictures. When they walk away from you they give you something great to look at. It's your choice whether you want to follow and make it up to them or watch it go and live in regret.

csmith2884 said...

We make these now...http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/06/pizza-ice-cream-party-post-wls-style.html

feels like pizza but is so much better for you.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That ass/thigh combination has a way of deactivating my logic, MD.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am going to try that recipe, cs. I like the idea of making my own pizzas - go low carb and ephasize good toppings - then freeze them.

MichaelVP said...

Happy to have been of service ol'pal!