Friday, October 29, 2010

I Have Found My Biographer


When I read this I just knew I had to share it with all of you. It's like this girl. Elfenkate is the official biographer of the Cave of Cool. This short story is MY short story. I think that once you read it you will understand.

I always seek out the blogs of unfamiliar people who leave a comment on one of my posts and so should all of you. You never know what you might find on their site. Today I found the following piece of awesome.

One Down

He should have been sweating with all the heavy gear on. The temps were in the high 90's. But he wasn't.

He remained cool.

Even the metal in his hands was cool.

He edged closer to the open doorway.

Slowly working his way to the back of the house leading to the patio.

The floor was covered in water, leaves and other debris from being open to the elements. Many of the houses they checked were like this.
Abandoned. Opened. Falling apart in some places.

This was no different. Though it was one of the nicer houses he had been in.

The structure was old, Victorian, but the inside looked as if it had been remodeled. Probably just before they arrived.

The granite counter still shined a high black speckled gloss in some spots not soiled by fire and garbage.

The cabinets had a flower and vine detail carved into them. It must have looked quite nice when it was done.

And there just off the kitchen was the patio.

One foot at a time, one inch at a time, through the double glass doors.

He spun around to his left.

There it was.

A squid like creature locked eyes with him. The liquid filled bubble hovering a few feet off the burned out grass. Tentacles smoothly swaying this way. Then that way.

A high pitched mechanical voice in his head, "You can't win. Put your weapon aside." it was demanding.

But we had figured out how to block the telepathic commands.

A small chip blocking out their specific frequencies.

He steadied his arm. His hand tightened and he squeezed the trigger.

"You should have come in peace asshole."


4 comments:

The Invisible Seductress said...

Yes, this is PERFECT!!!!! ;}

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I think you found your soulmate too, my friend. xo

Kal said...

She is taken and lives too far away but it was nice to see my message seep into someone else's consciousness.

Megan said...

OMG. That. Was. Awesome.