Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hee Haw


When I was growing up Saturday meant the same thing to our house. Pizza during the 'Bug's Bunny Road Runner Hour' and then 'Hee Haw'. My Dad was a huge fan of country music and an even bigger fan of cornball comedy. 'Hee Haw' fit the bill perfectly. I knew more of the songs from the country singers of the day than I care to admit but this one skit they did each week was my favorite. The whole family would sing it out loud just so we could give the 'raspberry' at the end.



http://eclecticbanana.tumblr.com/

2 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

I believe the creators of the show are in fact Canadians. At least one of those guys pictured, and definitely the guy who did the news. Go figure.

FilmFather said...

Was singing that song in the kitchen the other night, trying to see if the boys would catch on and/or join in. No luck, but I won't give up that easily...maybe another round tonight.