Monday, June 22, 2009

Bionic Woman Turns 60

In one day I have seen two references to Lindsay Wagner, the Bionic Woman. When I was a kid my sister and I got two record albums of our choice each month. We were big on music in our house. One Christmas my sister got the Bionic Woman doll/action figure and I got the Six Million Dollar Man one. I was so in love with that character that I traded 2 of my record choices one month for her and her beauty salon accessory - (funny how Steve Austin had a similar toy but they didn't call his a barber shop). I told my sister it was because my Six Million Dollar Man figure was lonely and she bought my story. Needless to say she became the most badass figure in my collection and was constantly getting all the rest of my 12 inch figures out of trouble when I played with them. Even Evil Knievel had a crush on her. Contrary to popular opinion I was never seen combing her hair while sighing whistfully. Thanks to Wings for reminding me that Lindsay has turned 60 today. (I am sooooo old) and Book Steve for these two ads for Bionic Woman toys.



http://wings1295.blogspot.com/2009/06/guess-who-is-60-today.html
http://booksteveslibrary.blogspot.com/2009/06/bionic-ads.html

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

hah! I love how her accessories were made to be "domestic". A dome getaway to entertain friends? A bionic beauty salon?? hahahahaha

Thanks for the plug, buddy! :)